We started our summer, laying sod in our front yard. It only took one day, but it was a lot of work. We pulled out all the weeds, laid some new dirt, and then laid the sod. Our back yard is still a mess but at least the portion of our yard most people see looks pretty good.
After getting our yard done, we celebrated Darrin's 30th birthday. I attempted to have a surprise party for him. However, I just can't keep a secret from my husband:) Actually, its not that sweet. Darrin wanted to know who I was talking to on the phone and I told him it was my sister, but then Darrin said no it sounded like a guy. I didn't know what to say to get me out of the lie, so I told him the truth. After telling him that we were having a party for him, he was disappointed it wasn't going to be a surprise. I blame him for pushing the issue. The next big event for us this summer was me running a half-marathon. I have been wanting to run a half for a while, and finally I committed to training for it and actually doing it this summer. I was good for most of the half, until about mile 12. My legs seemed to be on fire the last mile. I took me about 2 hours and 14 minutes. Although it was painful, I am really proud of myself for completing it.
Here's a picture at the end of the race. Oh course Darrin didn't run it but he was there for me at the end of the race, cheering me on. Thanks babe!
At the height of white-water rafting season, Hans and Jessica came to visit. We had planned on rafting the Royal Gorge but the day we were scheduled to go the river was too high. We were disappointed but we ended up doing another run and having tons of fun.
For most of the summer, Darrin had night classes on Tuesday and Thursdays. While Darrin was at school Taytum and I would have "girls nights." We would do all the girly things we love to do, while Darrin was gone. One night we decided to get all dressed up and go out for dinner. Taytum wanted to go to the restaurant where the server wears lipstick (Carino's). We had a great time and enjoyed wonderful food.
The last week of July, Darrin's family came to visit. It was awesome to be able to show them all of the Denver/Colorado Springs tourist sites. We went to a Rockies game, the Air Force Academy, Elitch Gardens, Pikes Peak, Buckskin Joes Western Town, the Royal Gorge, and the Olympic Training Center. At night we loved playing Wii, mostly bowling and tennis, as a family. Here are the pictures of their trip:
1 comment:
Loved all the pics! thanks for the update. Jen :>
Post a Comment